TLWI Rust #54
Announcing Rust 1.54.0, Rust is the most loved language, SIX YEARS IN A ROW. StackOverflow Survey 2021 is out!, Announcing Rust 1.54.0, The push for GATs stabilization, New Tokio blog post: Announcing Axum - Web framework that focuses on ergonomics and modularity. Here is your curation for Wed Aug 04 2021.
Updates From The Rust Team
- Announcing Rust 1.54.0 - July 29
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- Rust is the most loved language, SIX YEARS IN A ROW. StackOverflow Survey 2021 is out! (2 days ago)
- Announcing Rust 1.54.0 (6 days ago)
- The push for GATs stabilization (1 day ago)
- New Tokio blog post: Announcing Axum - Web framework that focuses on ergonomics and modularity (5 days ago)
- Ralf Jung ...receives Honorable Mention for the 2020 ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award. ... Jung’s dissertation, “Understanding and Evolving the Rust Programming Language,” established the first formal foundations for safe systems programming in the innovative programming language Rust. (3 days ago)
- Shattersong Online - New Rust MMO Browser platformer in development by former Starbound and Wargroove devs (4 days ago)
- How to write really slow Rust code (3 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Matt Davies: Rust #7: Command-Line interfaces
- Roger Torres Paes (he/him/ele): Rust BDD tests with Cucumber
- Rodney Lab: Accessible Text on Images: Nail the Contrast Ratio
- KR Tirtho: Useful 7 Linux/MacOS Terminal tools🛠️ (Windows too partially)
- Dave: Adding our own custom statement to Rust language
- Tiemen: Implementing Base64 from scratch in Rust
- Carlos: Core dump for Rust
- Serokell: Serokell at ICFPC 2021: Rust, TypeScript, and Brain Wall
- Henry Barreto: Resumo: Closure no Rust
- Dan: AssemblyLift v0.3 Released
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- rust-lang/rust-clippy (Rust): A bunch of lints to catch common mistakes and improve your Rust code
- yewstack/yew (Rust): Rust / Wasm framework for building client web apps
- apache/arrow-datafusion (Rust): Apache Arrow DataFusion and Ballista query engines
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- getzola/zola (Rust): A fast static site generator in a single binary with everything built-in. https://www.getzola.org
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- SergioBenitez/Rocket (Rust): A web framework for Rust.
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- dtolnay/proc-macro-workshop (Rust): Learn to write Rust procedural macros [Rust Latam conference, Montevideo Uruguay, March 2019]
- librespot-org/librespot (Rust): Open Source Spotify client library
- tantivy-search/tantivy (Rust): Tantivy is a full-text search engine library inspired by Apache Lucene and written in Rust
- metaplex-foundation/metaplex (Rust): The Metaplex protocol
- rust-windowing/winit (Rust): Window handling library in pure Rust
- dandavison/delta (Rust): A viewer for git and diff output
- graphprotocol/graph-node (Rust): Graph Node indexes data from blockchains such as Ethereum and serves it over GraphQL
- clap-rs/clap (Rust): A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- rust-in-action/code (Rust): Source code for the book Rust in Action
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- dani-garcia/vaultwarden (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- oxfeeefeee/goscript (Rust): Go specs implemented as a script language in Rust.
- rust-analyzer/rust-analyzer (Rust): A Rust compiler front-end for IDEs
- rust-lang/mdBook (Rust): Create book from markdown files. Like Gitbook but implemented in Rust
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄