TLWI Rust #88
Language details of the Firefox repo: Rust is now 10% of Firefox • Rust's Unsafe Pointer Types Need An Overhaul - Faultlore • Nushell 0.60 - new engine, custom completions, better errors, modules, and much more • A thanks to the traits working group in 2021 • rust-analyzer changelog #121. Here is your curation for Sat Mar 26 2022.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- Language details of the Firefox repo: Rust is now 10% of Firefox (6 days ago)
- Rust's Unsafe Pointer Types Need An Overhaul - Faultlore (7 days ago)
- Nushell 0.60 - new engine, custom completions, better errors, modules, and much more (4 days ago)
- A thanks to the traits working group in 2021 (1 day ago)
- rust-analyzer changelog #121 (5 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Deepu K Sasidharan: Why Safe Programming Matters and Why a Language Like Rust Matters
- Nicolas Frankel: Error handling across different languages
- Ay oh: The borrow checker
- Daniele Frasca: Rust: CSV processing
- Shoubhit Dash: Create licenses for your projects right from the terminal! 🚀
- nicholas ma: Solana Development Personal Roadmap
- DingTian: Building the staking smart contract with Solana blockchain
- Shubham Samrat: Summer of Bitcoin'21 Experience
- nikania: List of common beginner errors while writing code using Substrate
- Ahmed Gouda: The Rust Programming Language
- Abdulhafeez Abdulraheem: Building REST API's with Rust, Actix Web and MongoDB
- Caleb Sander: Git Internals part 3: the SSH transport
- rinegade.sol: How to learn Solana/Anchor and become Web3 Developer in 2 days?
- Guilherme Almeida: Writing a Virtual Machine in Rust
- Connor: Tiny Programs 1: docshund-rs
- Ahmed Gouda: Rust Cargo
- Mustafif: TexCreate Beta 1 Released!
- Mustafif: TexCreate Beta 2 Released!
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): A layer 1 for everyone!
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): Powerful, fast, and an easy to use search engine
- dani-garcia/vaultwarden (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- wez/wezterm (Rust): A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): A Modern Cloud Data Warehouse, have the Elasticity and Performance both on Object Storage, an open-source alternative to Snowflake ❤️
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- sharkdp/bat (Rust): A cat(1) clone with wings.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- rust-unofficial/awesome-rust (Rust): A curated list of Rust code and resources.
- MaterializeInc/materialize (Rust): The Fastest Way to Build the Fastest Data Products. Build data-intensive applications and services in SQL — without pipelines or caches — using materialized views that are always up-to-date.
- gakonst/foundry (Rust): Foundry is a blazing fast, portable and modular toolkit for Ethereum application development written in Rust.
- LukeMathWalker/zero-to-production (Rust): Code for "Zero To Production In Rust", a book on API development using Rust.
- cube-js/cube.js (Rust): 📊 Cube — Headless Business Intelligence for Building Data Applications
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- linebender/druid (Rust): A data-first Rust-native UI design toolkit.
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- BurntSushi/ripgrep (Rust): ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern while respecting your gitignore
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Safe and portable GPU abstraction in Rust, implementing WebGPU API.
- Rigellute/spotify-tui (Rust): Spotify for the terminal written in Rust 🚀
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄