TLWI Rust #39
Rust weekly curation for Wed Apr 21 2021.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- [RFC] Rust support for Linux Kernel (6 days ago)
- Google throws support behind bringing Rust to the Linux kernel (5 days ago)
- What's in the box? (2 days ago)
- Linus Torvalds concerns about panics in Rust code when faced with OOM (4 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Nick Taylor (he/him): Learning Rust
- Roger Torres: REST API with Rust + Warp 1: Introduction
- Abhishek Gupta: Getting started with Kafka and Rust: Part 2
- Roger Torres: REST API with Rust + Warp 5: Beyond test utilities
- Remi van der Laan: Creating a Sleek Masonry Gallery with React and WebAssembly
- Roger Torres: REST API with Rust + Warp 2: POST
- Roger Torres: REST API with Rust + Warp 3: GET
- Juha-Matti Santala: How Spice Program supported my creation of 235
- Roger Torres: REST API with Rust + Warp 4: PUT & DELETE
- Adam.S: Rust Basic Testing
- Jonathan Johnson: PlaintDB Serves - another milestone reached
- Joseph Maurer: Making a game in Bevy: An open-source 2D and 3D engine built on Rust
- Johnny Tordgeman: Late Night Confessions — Building a Website Using Rust, Rocket, Diesel, and Askama — Part 1
- Adam.S: Looking at Regex in Rust
- Adam.S: Manage Rust Code by Breaking it Up
- Dylan Anthony: Running GraphQL on Lambda with Rust
- Juha-Matti Santala: Learning Rust #3: crates.io & publishing your package
- Kyle Buzby: Compiling Rust programs for Synology DS418j
- Frances MacDonald CHRP: Rust Developer
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- openethereum/openethereum (Rust): The fast, light, and robust client for the Ethereum mainnet.
- Kethku/neovide (Rust): No Nonsense Neovim Client in Rust
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- zhuowei/nft_ptr (Rust): C++
std::unique_ptrthat represents each object as an NFT on the Ethereum blockchain
- bytecodealliance/wasmtime (Rust): Standalone JIT-style runtime for WebAssembly, using Cranelift
- tock/tock (Rust): A secure embedded operating system for microcontrollers
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- BurntSushi/ripgrep (Rust): ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern while respecting your gitignore
- solana-labs/solana-program-library (Rust): A collection of Solana-maintained on-chain programs
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- microsoft/windows-rs (Rust): Rust for Windows
- meilisearch/MeiliSearch (Rust): Lightning Fast, Ultra Relevant, and Typo-Tolerant Search Engine
- cloudflare/wrangler (Rust): 🤠 wrangle your cloudflare workers
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- ruffle-rs/ruffle (Rust): A Flash Player emulator written in Rust
- seanmonstar/warp (Rust): A super-easy, composable, web server framework for warp speeds.
- holochain/holochain (Rust): The new, performant, and simplified version of Holochain on Rust (sometimes called Holochain RSM for Refactored State Model)
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- mozilla/sccache (Rust): sccache is ccache with cloud storage
- pingcap/talent-plan (Rust): open source training courses about distributed database and distributed systemes
- sharkdp/bat (Rust): A cat(1) clone with wings.
- rust-lang/cargo (Rust): The Rust package manager
Rust is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! If you have more suggestions for resources, let me know on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄