TLWI Rust #76
clap 3.0, a Rust CLI argument parser • Why is my Rust build so slow? • How a Single Line of Code Made a 24-core Server Slower Than a Laptop • Releasing Dioxus v0.1 - a new Rust GUI toolkit for Web, Desktop, Mobile, SSR, TUI that emphasizes developer experience • How to build a blockchain from scratch in Rust. Here is your curation for Wed Jan 05 2022.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- clap 3.0, a Rust CLI argument parser (5 days ago)
- Why is my Rust build so slow? (6 days ago)
- How a Single Line of Code Made a 24-core Server Slower Than a Laptop (5 days ago)
- Releasing Dioxus v0.1 - a new Rust GUI toolkit for Web, Desktop, Mobile, SSR, TUI that emphasizes developer experience (2 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Enoch Chejieh: How to build a blockchain from scratch in Rust
- 0xMuse: Install Solana on M1 Macs, without Rosetta 💡
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Single-byte xor cipher
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Detect single-character XOR
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Implement repeating-key XOR
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Convert hex to base64
- bolubee101: The Beloved Crab
- Federico Terzi: Rust vs C++, which is better and why?
- Dimitri Merejkowsky: Is Rust worth learning? Part 1: logs and secrets
- YJDoc2: A Rust macro which will derive Bytecode for you
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Fixed XOR
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Break repeating-key XOR
- moose: waxy - Part 1 of my attempt to build a community driven search engine
- bolubee101: Rust: Rewriting Experiences
- Sébastien Belzile: Making Games in Rust - Part 8 - Towards adding a Main Menu
- Ata Kuyumcu: Custom commands in Bevy with extension traits
- Roberto Huertas: Open sourcing Licensebat
- Haider Ali: Want to learn Rust Programming Language
- Jan David: Day 3 – Productive Procrastination
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- dani-garcia/vaultwarden (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- emilk/egui (Rust): egui: an easy-to-use immediate mode GUI in pure Rust
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- clap-rs/clap (Rust): A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust
- linebender/druid (Rust): A data-first Rust-native UI design toolkit.
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and MSSQL.
- iced-rs/iced (Rust): A cross-platform GUI library for Rust, inspired by Elm
- extrawurst/gitui (Rust): Blazing 💥 fast terminal-ui for git written in rust 🦀
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- containers/youki (Rust): A container runtime written in Rust
- napi-rs/napi-rs (Rust): A framework for building compiled Node.js add-ons in Rust via Node-API
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Safe and portable GPU abstraction in Rust, implementing WebGPU API.
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- gakonst/foundry (Rust): Foundry is a blazing fast, portable and modular toolkit for Ethereum application development written in Rust.
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- rust-embedded/rust-raspberrypi-OS-tutorials (Rust): 📚 Learn to write an embedded OS in Rust 🦀
- seanmonstar/reqwest (Rust): An easy and powerful Rust HTTP Client
- not-fl3/macroquad (Rust): Cross-platform game engine in Rust.
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- Byron/gitoxide (Rust): An idiomatic, lean, fast & safe pure Rust implementation of Git
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄